Sr IT Project Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Accountable for the end-to-end planning and execution of one or more projects and/or Agile teams.
• Ask thoughtful questions to help our customers, product owners, and product managers to maximize ROI and meet company objectives. Understand product strategy and benefits of key deliverables in area of responsibility.
• Work with product owner to promote and contribute to the improvement of the product backlog
• Facilitate sprint planning, backlog grooming, daily stand-up meetings, reviews/demos, retrospectives, and other scrum ceremonies
• Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
• Coach team in estimation techniques
• Ability to shield the team from outside distractions and interferences
• Ability to track and remove impediments for the team
• Develop metrics and reports using Rally to help the team understand its health and progress and to set goals
• Leading and coaching a team in its Agile adoption
• Coach team members to understand Scrum and the Agile Principles
• Ensure clear communication and collaboration among the Product Owner and members of the Development team.
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required
• 2+ years of Scrum Master experience
• 3+ years relevant Program/Project Management experience
• Knowledge about Agile techniques like: User Stories, Continuous Integration, TDD, Continuous Delivery, Pairing, Automated Testing
• Good prioritization, negotiation and communication skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work independently with light supervision
• Proficient in at least one agile project management tool: Rally, Jira, Version One, etc.
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), or Professional Scrum Master (PSM)
• Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and PowerPoint (Required)